Oil Of Oregano 30ml
- NATURES ANSWER
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
- Acts as a natural antibiotic - Research has also shown that oregano oil may be effective against types of bacteria that can become resistant to antibiotics
- Oregano oil can act as immediate first aid for insect bites and minor cuts and scrapes as well as dandruff, diaper rash and other skin disorders.
- May help lower cholesterol - Contains phenol compounds called carvacrol and thymol which are thought to contribute to this effect
Oregano oil comes from the leaves and shoots of the oregano plant.
Botanically known as Origanum vulgare, oregano is a flowering plant from the same family as mint. It is often used as a herb to flavour food.
Although it is native to Europe, it now grows all over the world.
Oregano has been popular ever since the Greeks and Romans used it for medicinal purposes in ancient times. In fact, the name oregano comes from the Greek words "oros," meaning mountain, and "ganos," meaning joy or delight.
Oregano oil is made by air-drying the leaves and shoots of the plant. Once they are dried, the oil is extracted and concentrated by steam distillation
The oil contains compounds called phenols, terpenes and terpenoids, which have powerful antioxidant properties and are responsible for its fragrance:
How to Use
As a dietary supplement take 4 drops (0.17ml) three (3) times a day in a small amount of water. Shake well.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
We always recommend you consult your wellness or health care practitioner before adding any diet changes or supplements to your daily wellness routine and practise.