Why You Should Take Epsom Salt Baths
What are Epsom Salts Baths?
Epsom salt comprises Sulfate, a significant amount of Magnesium, and various water molecules. If you think the only way for your body to get the desired amount of magnesium is through consumption, you are wrong. The best thing about Epsom salts is that you can actually absorb the magnesium that is present in the salt through your skin, simply by enjoying a bath.
Baths are known to be an all-time favourite. It is a great way to de-stress from hours of work and trigger the smooth flow of blood throughout the body. Epsom salts, which have high Magnesium content, are a chief component used to promote healthy muscle movement and the overall well-being of the human body. Just soaking yourself in a bath that is enriched with the goodness of Epsom Salt can activate all the cells of your body and make you feel rejuvenated.
Benefits of Epsom Salt Baths
Epsom salt baths work wonders in several ways. Let us have a look at some of the benefits they have to offer:
- If you are suffering from arthritis pain and swelling, soak the affected area in the bath to help relieve the symptoms.
- Don’t have the time to prepare and take an elaborate bath? You can effectively treat toenail fungus and athlete’s foot by soaking your foot in the water, at least three to four times a day.
- A good Epsom salt bath can have a wonderful impact on your mind, too. If you are suffering from stress, anxiety, insomnia, or any other troubles of the world, a bath a day can reduce it.
- When you soak yourself in a bath full of Epsom salt, your skin gets exfoliated, removing all the dead layers, making you glow and feel youthful.
- When your body absorbs Magnesium through salt, it can help relax tensed and sore muscles.
- Fibromyalgia, the condition of having widespread muscle pain, accompanied by fatigue and weakness, can be best dealt with through an Epsom salt bath.
- An affordable and easy way to treat psoriasis at home is through an Epsom Salt bath. Just sit in the tub for a few hours a day and see quick results in a very short time.
How to use Epsom Salt for Baths?
Besides all the many benefits of an Epsom salt bath mentioned above, it is your best solution to constant pain, mental health concerns, weakness, migraines, and more. If you are convinced that the only thing missing from your life is an Epsom Salt bath, here is how you can prepare one for yourself:
- Fill a stand-sized bathtub with lukewarm water for best results.
- Keep the water running and add two cups of Epsom salt to the tub.
- The running water will ensure that the salt dissolves quickly and thoroughly.
- Soak yourself for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- Do not wash with plain water after the bath. Just drying yourself with a fresh, clean towel would suffice.
- Avoid sitting in the bath for too long.
You can shop our range of Epsom Salts here online and instore at our health shop Blissful Health & Wellness, 21st September Avenue, Naxxar, Malta