- Supports the efficiency of overall digestive process.
- Using Betaine HCL may support the stomach's digestive capacity.
- Assist in the digestion of protein-containing foods in the stomach. Pepsin works in conjunction with stomach acid to support protein digestion.
- Support digestive capacity and tonify the digestive tract.
- May help to stimulate the body's production of digestive enzymes.
Supports the normal digestive function of the stomach and may help the body maintain efficient nutrient absorption from the foods that we eat.* Gentian serves to stimulate digestive secretions in the stomach, priming it to digest the food that we eat, while supplemental Betaine HCl and pepsin provide support to the body’s innate production of these digestive
Stomach acid is normally produced by the parietal cells of the stomach and the function of stomach acid is to break down food that enters the stomach into smaller fragments and nutrient components.
Betaine HCl has been shown to lower gastric pH which could potentially aid in the absorption of nutrients during a period of hypochlorhydria, or a lack of stomach acid.
Gentian is an herb that is native to parts of Europe and Asia. The root has been used extensively by traditional herbalists to support digestive function due in large part to its bitter constituents. Various traditional texts classify gentian as a bitter tonic and digestive stimulant, due to its ability to promote the secretion of digestive enzymes. Gentian has been shown to stimulate gastric secretions, as well as promote choleretic activity.
HOW TO USE:
Adult Use: Take 1 capsule with food, three times daily, or as recommended by a nutritionally-informed physician.
Betaine HCL 1300mg, Pepsine 50mg,Gentian root (Gentiana lutea) 40mg
Capsule shell: gelatin; fatty acid carrier, magnesium salts of fatty acids, silicon dioxide.