Vegan Pizza Recipe
Everyone loves Pizza! and this Vegan Pizza is our absolute favourite pizza ever!
The recipe is very customisable and tastes incredible!! using Tiger Rice Pizza bases available exclusively at Blissful in Naxxar, Malta.
Check out the ingredients and recipe used below:
- 1 Tiger Rice pizza base
- 120ml Tomato polpa
- 20g Vegan cheese shredded (optional)
- 25g Red onions
- 30g Yellow bell peppers
- 30g Red bell peppers
- 50g Courgettes
- 50g Mushrooms
- Kalamata olives
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- Fresh Basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250°C ( gas mark 9).
- Rinse and pat dry the vegetables with a tea towel.
- Finely slice the vegetables (red onions, yellow and red bell peppers, courgettes, mushrooms).
- Evenly spread the tomato polpa onto the pizza base.
- Top the pizza with the vegan cheese (optional), the sliced vegetables and kalamata olives.
- Drizzle some olive oil.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown (time may vary depending on the oven used).
- Garnish with fresh basil, add the salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- Serve the pizza.
- Choose fresh and local vegetables when possible.
- Use dried herbs such as oregano and basil for extra flavour.
- Serve the pizza with a fresh mixed salad on the side.
- For an extra source of plant protein, top the pizza with cubes of firm tofu.
Note: The quantity of the toppings added may be changed according to one's likings.