Ashwagandha Smoothie: Benefits of Ashwagandha
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha, a superfood, an ancient magical herb, is also known as Indian ginseng, winter cherry, or poison gooseberry. It is chiefly used in Ayurvedic medicine and herbal treatments. Ashwagandha mostly hails from the evergreen forests of India, Africa, and the Middle East. The roots of the plant smell like a horse, hence the name Ashwa, meaning “horse.”
Ashwagandha is prominently used in Indian healthcare systems where it is considered as “Rasayana,” a therapeutic technique to achieve physical and mental fitness and avoid aging. Besides this, Ashwagandha is also classified as an adaptogen. It is a non-toxic plant that helps the body resist physical, chemical, and biological stress.
Benefits of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha is preferred as a supplement in many diets. Its pros outweigh its cons, due to which it is consumed by people all over the world. If you are planning to test Ashwagandha yourself, here are a few benefits it provides:
- Ashwagandha is widely used for mood-boosting. Being an adaptogen helps in relieving stress and anxiety. It transfers the mind into a blissful state and reduces the level of the stress hormone, cortisol, as a result of which the consumer feels calm and composed.
- Ashwagandha reaps nutritional benefits. It is rich in potassium, glucose, iron, antioxidants, fatty acids, and more. It also contains most of the essential alkaloids and metals like zinc and copper.
- The nutritional value of Ashwagandha is incredibly high. This makes it an excellent tool for boosting immunity. An improved immunity helps combat various infections, viruses, and diseases. It provides energy to the person, fights cases of fatigue, and attacks any foreign body that may harm or affect the human body.
- Ashwagandha has the ability to facilitate bone health. It reduces inflammation, promotes skin health, reduces the risk of cancer and diabetes, helps reduce body fat, increases muscle mass, and keeps the heart healthy and young.
Ashwagandha Smoothie Recipe
To avail of the nutritious and nourishing benefits of Ashwagandha, one can consume it in the form of a delicious smoothie. Here is a recipe for the same:
- 4 cups of almond milk, soy milk, or any milk of choice.
- 1 cup of nut butter.
- 2 cups of yogurt.
- 4 bananas.
- 4 tablespoon ashwagandha powder (or capsules opened up and mixed in)
- Natural sweetener for taste.
- Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, or any other seeds (optional).
- Slice your bananas into small pieces.
- Use refrigerated milk for a cooler smoothie.
- Blend soaked almonds, cashews, or any other nut into a smooth consistency for homemade nut butter.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and into the consistency of your choice.
- To make the smoothie thinner, add ice cubes.
- Pour the mixture into the glasses, top it with your preferred choice of seeds.
- Serve and drink immediately.
You can make your alterations to the smoothie recipe to make it suitable for your palette. There are many proven benefits of Ashwagandha, so make sure you add it to your diet to make the most of it!
Ashwagandha capsules can be bought from Blissful here