Trouble Waking up? 8 steps to ditch your Alarm Clock
Yes, you read that right. It is high time you got rid of your alarm clock and started learning to wake up naturally. The easiest way is by establishing a routine where you improve your quality of sleep and train your body to wake up without any interruptions.
The kind of sound you wake up to impacts the quality of your day. As unbelievable as it may sound, alarm clocks advocate poor sleeping habits that ruin your mental and physical well-being.
Before we proceed to the different ways that can help you get out of the bed without hitting the snooze button on your alarm clocks, you must acquaint yourself with the process of Circadian Rhythm.
What is Circadian Rhythm?
Do you ever wonder why you prefer sleeping at night instead of the day? Do you know why lack of sleep makes you feel exhausted, stressed and often very sick? This is because our body follows a special biological process known as the circadian rhythm that keeps the body in sync with the cycles of day and night. It is a naturally occurring phenomenon in human bodies and helps balance how we feel throughout the day.
Learn How to Wake up Naturally
Waking up to the tunes of an alarm clock can make you groggy and irritable. Here are a few ways that will help you wake up naturally by eliminating alarm clocks from your life.
- Fix your internal clock-mechanism, the circadian rhythm. Make a sleeping schedule and stick to it, consistently, until your body gets used to it.
- Determine the number of hours of sleep your body requires so that it feels energetic and active all day long.
- Train yourself to sleep at a particular time and wake up early without any distractions, for at least a week.
- Stay away from activities that may cause you to wake up prematurely, interrupting your sleep.
- Track your sleeping schedule for this week. It is paramount that you must keep away from any activity that may cause you to delay your good night’s sleep.
- If you consistently follow your routine and evaluate your sleeping pattern, you will start waking up at the same time after the end of the week, with a very slight deviation.
- Having a relaxing night routine is a prerequisite to get rid of your alarm clocks. Drink copious amounts of water, take a hot shower, stretch your body, and read a book before you hit the sack.
- Ensure that you keep all electronics away from you, at least an hour before you sleep. You must be in the right headspace before you tuck yourself into your sheets and doze off to sleep.
Your body is made to regulate time better than an alarm clock. You only have to program it and ease your brain to settle into a routine. Soon enough, you will start waking up every day without harsh, jarring sounds waking you up with a jolt.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin Are you...
Wondering how to boost your immune sy...
It is scientifically now known that ...
The secret benefits of Yoni Eggs
Yes, you read that right. It is high...
Trouble Waking up? 8 steps to ditch y...