Protect Yourself From Viruses: Better Safe Than Sorry
Safe Than Sorry
The chances of getting exposed to a virus have increased significantly over the years. These tiny, deadly, infection-carrying agents spread at a rapid rate, and are present in larger numbers than one can imagine. If you want to save yourself from falling sick, you must avoid getting exposed to a virus.
People who suffer from pre-existing health problems such as asthma, cancer, diabetes, etc. are more susceptible to viruses. It is important to follow certain preventive measures to limit the growth of a virus and protect not only yourself, but also others around you.
How to Protect Yourself
People have different ways to cope
with a virus or infection. Here are some small yet effective measures for protection against viruses:
- Keep yourself clean. Maintaining hygiene and cleanliness is the most basic yet powerful way of getting rid of unwanted germs that may carry a virus.
- Your immune system is your saviour. It has properties that can successfully fight off any infection or virus. If you have a weak immune system, you must rebuild it through the many healthy ways at your disposal.
- Have a nutritional diet. Eat enough fruits and vegetables.
- Incorporate exercise into your routine.
- Avoid smoking and drinking, and keep your blood pressure levels and cholesterol levels low.
- Keep away from stressful environments.
- Handle all your edibles with care. Make sure that you thoroughly wash them and store them at the required temperature. Refrigerate your vegetables, fruits, meats and other essentials soon after you clean them.
- If you are cooking meat or poultry, ensure that it is cooked through and through. Refrain from eating undercooked meat.
- Wash your hands with soap and water as often as you can. Usually, washing hands for 20 seconds is considered good enough to eliminate any germs.
- If you’ve been in a public place and do not have access to water and soap, disinfect your hands using a sanitizer. To ensure effectiveness, the sanitizer must have around 60% alcohol content.
- When you cough or sneeze, use the back of your hand to cover your mouth and nose. You may also use tissues or pieces of cloth that you must dispose of after one use.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, chairs, tables, mobile phones, toilet sinks, etc.
- Maintain distance. If you feel sick, stay at home and practise general good health. Keep your distance from people when you are in a public place and avoid getting in close contact with anyone. Monitor your health and take the required medication.
To know how to protect yourself from viruses, it is imperative that you only rely on authentic sources. They should provide you with honest and accurate information about viruses and teach you ways to practise due care and precaution. Keep yourself and your surroundings clean and you are hale and hearty to go.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin Are you...
Wondering how to boost your immune sy...
It is scientifically now known that ...
The secret benefits of Yoni Eggs
Yes, you read that right. It is high...
Trouble Waking up? 8 steps to ditch y...