How To Heal a Leaky gut in 5 Easy Steps
What is a Leaky Gut?
A leaky gut is a condition when the lining of the intestines gets damaged. The different kinds of digestive waste like toxins and other food particles leak out of the intestines into the blood, triggering various health problems and an impaired, leaky gut digestion system.
The cells responsible for preventing the leaking of harmful substances into our blood and transporting essential, healthy nutrients from the body to the bloodstream are known as epithelial cells. As a result of the weakening and loosening of the junction between the epithelial cells, unwanted, harmful substances flow from the intestines into the blood. This gives rise to a leaky gut, which can be best prevented by maintaining a good gut or microbiome for better health.
Leaky gut is also known as intestinal permeability. It is usually caused due to a low diet, stress, anxiety, tension, lack of physical exercise, and the inadequate consumption of antibiotics, steroids, and other medications.
Symptoms of a Leaky Gut
Here are some of the most evident symptoms that can be a sign of a leaky gut:
- The digestive system changes can lead to constant bloating, gas formation, constipation, irregular bowel movement, cramps, insensitivity towards food, and more.
- Seasonal allergies like cough, cold, stuffy nose, itchy eyes, sinus, and others become more severe.
- Symptoms related to asthma such as tightness and pain in the chest, constant coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing, and other respiratory problems get elevated.
- A person with a leaky gut can develop skin problems like acute rashes and acne, eczema, rosacea, etc.
- An impaired immune system accompanied by excessive, chronic fatigue, regular headaches, memory loss, and nutritional deficiencies are some of the most common symptoms associated with a leaky gut.
5 Easy Steps to Heal a Leaky Gut
With leaky gut fast-growing into the medical world, it was essential to develop measures and steps that guarantee quick and easy recovery from the condition. To promote better health, and protect yourself from a leaky gut, here are five easy steps that you must follow:
- The most important step towards a healthier gut and to avoid the issue of a leaky gut is changing your diet. Opt for a healthy diet that suits your body and metabolism.
- Consume foods that have high fiber content. Reduce the consumption of refined carbohydrates. Incorporate food options in your diet, including root vegetables like carrots, fatty fish like salmon, raw nuts like almonds, and meats, eggs, and sprouted seeds.
- Avoid wheat-based products, junk food, artificial sweeteners, carbonated drinks, and alcohol.
- Consume an adequate and prescribed amount of probiotic supplements. To have a healthier microbiome, it is crucial to include a certain amount of probiotics into your diet that can help fight off harmful bacteria and improve your digestive system and immune system.
- Besides mindful eating, practice mindful living. Allow your body to rest and relax through mindful meditation. Include some cardiovascular exercise into your routine so that the proper movement of blood in your body is also promoted.
It is essential to ensure that you have a healthy digestive system and be well in the long run. To protect yourself from conditions like leaky gut, maintain a healthy lifestyle, follow a nutritious diet plan.