Build your own Blissful Buddha Bowl
What is a Buddha Bowl?
A Buddha bowl is a great meal for vegans, it is served in a single bowl, which consists of small portions of several foods, served cold. It may whole grains such as quinoa or brown rice, plant proteins such as chickpeas or tofu, and vegetables of your choice.
(Sauerkraut Available With Blissful)
Today I decided to make a Vegan Chickpea & Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl with Sauerkraut here are the details of how I made this.
- Green Leafy Vegetables e.g., baby spinach
- Bell Peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Cabbage
- Kalamata Olives
- Avocado (optional)
- Sauerkraut (Terrasana)
- *Roasted Chickpeas
- *Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- *Tangy Tahini Dressing
- Add the green leafy vegetables to a bowl.
- Chop all the vegetables (bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, red cabbage, kalamata olives). Place them on the bed of green leafy vegetables together with the sauerkraut.
- Add the *Roasted Chickpeas and * Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
- Finally, drizzle the *Tangy Tahini Dressing.
Note: Place the leftover roasted chickpeas and sweet potatoes in the fridge, in an airtight container for a maximum of 1-2 days.
- 240g Chickpeas (drained if using canned)
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Salt & Fresh Pepper
*Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato (350g)
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt & Fresh Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 °C fan setting (gas mark 4).
- Add the ‘Roasted Chickpeas’ ingredients to a bowl and mix until the chickpeas are well coated.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes.
- Add the ‘Roasted Sweet Potato’ ingredients to a separate bowl and mix until the sweet potatoes are well coated.
- Place the chickpeas and sweet potatoes on a lined baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Move them halfway to evenly cook (the sweet potatoes may take an extra 5 - 10 minutes to cook).
- Take them out of the oven, let them cool for a few minutes and add to the buddha bowl.
*Tangy Tahini Dressing
- 1 Heaped tbsp. Tahini
- 2 tbsp. Warm Water
- 1 tsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt & Fresh Pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk until a smooth texture is achieved.