9 Best Natural Supplements for your PCOS to boost your Hormone Balance
PCOS affects Between 5% and 10% of women between 15 and 44, or during the years you can have children, have PCOS.
Most women find out they have PCOS in their 20s and 30s, when they have problems getting pregnant and see their doctor. But PCOS can happen at any age after puberty.
A lot of you that are diagnosed with PCOS have often been prescribed metformin and are advised to go back on hormonal birth control. But this is not for everyone some of you prefer to implement lifestyle changes to heal including eating an anti-inflammatory diet, and supplementation which can help you heal.
Heal naturally from PCOS is possible, it requires consistency. Supplements can help you regulate blood sugar, heal your gut and balance out stress to reverse PCOS symptoms. These supplements have helped women with weight loss, acne, anxiety and getting their periods back.
NATURAL PCOS SUPPLEMENTS:
Here are the PCOS supplements which may help you with some of your symptoms from:
- weight loss
- irregular cycles
- hair loss/growth and more!
Links below to the products Blissful recommend:
- Soothes and calms nervous system and
- Aids in sleep
- Regulates your HPA axis (stress) and improves function of insulin and thyroid
- Anti-inflammatory and promotes metabolism of estrogen
- Gives fast results!
- Best Magnesium supplements for PCOS
- Vitamin D is a steroid hormone that regulates more than 200 genes in our body
- Great for insulin sensitivity!
- Promotes maturation of follicles
- You’ll ideally want to get tested to see if you’re deficient in this, but me living in Ohio, not getting lots of sunlight I pretty much knew I would be!
- Best Vitamin D supplements
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- I put this on things that make sense. I like to add it to my matcha or smoothies and sometimes sweet potatoes
- Best Cinnamon supplement: Cinnamon27
- Your gut is responsible for absorbing nutrients from food, which then helps you make the hormones your body needs and break down and get rid of the hormones you don’t, which is why there is such a connection with the two!
- Probiotics improve gut health and reduce inflammation
- Here are some of our probiotics
- Omega 3's can aid in reducing testosterone and regulating the menstrual cycle in women with PCOS.
- Omega-3s can help decrease inflammation in the body.
- Supplement with OMEGA 3
- Glutamine is great at helping to heal the gut. It comes in a powder and so you can add it to water or you morning matcha or smoothies. You could also add it to water.
- Glutamine is an amino acid found in the body. It helps gut function and the immune system, especially in times of stress.
- Has outperformed metformin in 2 large studies
- Great treatment if you have acne and it reduces anxiety
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Here are our Berberine supplements
- Zinc is anti inflammatory and regulates HPA axis
- Nourishes ovarian follicles to promote ovulation and progesterone
- Red meat in our diets have the most zinc
- demonstrated to play a role in irregular periods, pms, facial hair and period pain
- Here are our Zinc Supplements
- As we age Collagen production declines, therefore supplementation is key
- It helps to regulate blood sugar which is key with PCOS
- Collagen supports healthy thyroid function and offsets cortisol (stress hormone) imbalance
- It is key for supporting gut health
- It helps with hair, skin and nail health.
- Here are our Collagen Supplements
ARE SUPPLEMENTS NECESSARY FOR PCOS?
At Blissful we are always looking at the root cause of PCOS and it is mostly a metabolic issue, so addressing
Balancing both blood sugar and inflammation is critical to your healing. As well as supplementing your diet with supplements and inflammatory foods that works, makes a huge difference. Since we do not always get the nutrients we need from our food and these natural supplements can make all the difference to your pcos journey.
5 THINGS TO AVOID IF YOU HAVE PCOS:
- Refined sugars
- Gluten and dairy
- Avoid stress!
- Toxins in your home and daily routines
- Vegetable oils
8 TIPS TO WRAP UP, HOW CAN I TREAT PCOS NATURALLY?
- Eat an Anti - Inflammatory Diet
- Increase fatty acids
- Balance your blood sugar by eating protein, fat, fibre and greens with every meal.
- See your health care practitioner and get a Bio-resonance reactivity test
- Reduce stress through consistency meditation, self care & morning routines
- Reduce toxins in your home and daily routine
- Move your body with walks, yoga and weight training
- Get enough sleep!